Now that I’ve finished my Licensing exams, its time to move onto the next step – LEED AP. LEED Professional Accreditation distinguishes building professionals with the knowledge and skills to successfully steward the LEED certification process. LEED Accredited Professionals (LEED APs) have demonstrated a thorough understanding of green building practices and principles and the LEED Rating System. More than 75,000 people have earned the credential since the Professional Accreditation program was launched in 2001.
Since today is the deadline to register for the 2.1 exams, a lot of people have been trying to register today. A LOT! so much so, that the servers have crashed and nobody is answering the phone. So I sent them an email requesting registration. If you’re interested in “getting in” then you should email exam(AT)gbci.org with exam registration somewhere in the subject line. I’m told this will save your place in line – but no guarantees. Her’s the automated email response I received.
Thank you for contacting the Green Building Certification Institute?s Accreditation Department. This is an automatically generated response. Your email will be read by a GBCI staff member as soon as possible.
In order to help you in the best possible manner, please read the following information carefully.
Registration Deadline for LEED NC v2.2 and LEED CI v2.0 Exams
In order to maintain alignment with the new LEED 2009 Rating System, the last date that candidates will be able to register for the current LEED for Commercial Interiors 2.0 and LEED for New Construction 2.2 Accredited Professional (LEED AP) exams will be April 1, 2009 (11:59 PM, Pacific Time).
New registrations will not be accepted by GBCI after April 1, 2009. The retirement dates for the LEED NC 2.2 and LEED CI 2.0 LEED AP exams have not been determined.
For more information on Registration Deadlines and Retirement Dates, please see the Glossary (http://www.gbci.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=89)
Scheduling with Prometric
If you have already registered with GBCI and you need to reschedule or cancel an existing exam appointment, please contact Prometric directly by any of these methods:
1. Online at www.prometric.com/gbci. You will need your Confirmation Number.
2. Call Prometric?s main line at 1-888-215-4154, then dial 2, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, EST.
General LEED AP Info
For general information regarding exam registration, pricing, study materials, format, scoring, scheduling, rescheduling, cancelling, test center policies, and special accommodations for the LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) exams, please read the LEED AP Candidate Handbook at http://www.gbci.org/ShowFile.aspx?DocumentID=3562.
Assistance from Accreditation Staff
If you have questions regarding any of the following issues, please allow 7 to 10 business days to receive a response from GBCI. Due to the high volume of inquiries, GBCI may not respond to questions that are addressed in the LEED AP Candidate Handbook.
1. You have a web account error or questions regarding website navigation.
2. You passed the LEED AP exam before December, 2006, and need to migrate your records to your web account.
3. You have forgotten your account password or e-mail login.
4. You linked to your company membership after registering for the exam and did not receive the discounted rate.
5. You have already taken the exam and are challenging the content of a specific exam question.
6. Your exam status has not updated in your account or it has been over 6-8 weeks since your exam and you have not received your LEED AP Certificate..
7. Inquiries that are not addressed by the LEED AP Candidate Handbook.
Thank you again for your interest in the LEED AP exams, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.
Green Building Certification Institute
1800 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Third Floor
Washington, DC 20036
202 828-5110 (fax)