So we got a chance to look at the Joovy Ergo Caboose this weekend and it’s a little bigger than I imagined. OK, it’s a lot bigger. At 41″ long, that’s 6″ longer than the Graco DuoGlider meaning it’s like driving an even bigger semi truck (in reverse). So it’s back to square one in the research department.
When it comes to double strollers (tandem or side-by-side) I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to these three. There are other similar models but these three pretty much represent the best choices in their style (as far as I’m concerned). Since even similar strollers has slightly different features, you may have to do more research to find the exact one that’s right for you. Whatever you decide, make sure you test them out with your first child to see how they fit and how it handles when occupied by an actual child.
BOB Revolution Duallie Stroller
* Tough, welded frame; durable fabric; quality construction. It?s totally together, and built to stay that way
* Front wheel swivels for unmatched maneuverability in tight spaces and locks forward for reliable running over uneven surfaces
* Fast, two-step fold-up design for stow-and-go portability
* State-of-the-art suspension system for exceptionally smooth ride
* Ultra padded seat reclines up to 70? (from vertical); a 25? increase over previous models.
* Weight: 15 kgs, 32 lbs
* Capacity: 45 kgs, 100 lbs
- * The Dash braking system is on the adult handle bar.
* Both seats recline! (Double Seat Sold Separately)
* Pocket on the back of the front seat for storage
* Storm & Sun/mesh cover will zip on to the sunhood of the stroller
* Footwells are now black hard plastic so stepping on the stroller will not break the fabric
* Easy fold by pressing 2 buttons on handle bar.
* Upgraded five point harness for the both seats
* Peek-a-boo sunshade
* Adjustable Handle Bar
* Accepts all Graco SnugRide, SnugRide 32 and Infant Safe Seat Car Seats
* Parent storage tray with cup holder keeps keys and drinks handy
* Front and rear multiple-position reclining seats both children comfy, plus rear seat reclines flat so Baby can rest
* Removable front canopy for better viewing and peek-a-boo window in rear canopy let you see Baby at all times, both with sun visor
* Front and rear 3 and 5 point harnesses help keep children securely seated
In addition to the double strollers, we are considering the sit and stand (or 1-1/2 seat) strollers. There’s really only two choices and they run about the same price. The main difference is size and this is an important difference. The Joovy is smaller which makes for better handling but the rear seat losses some space, especially when using an infant carrier. So choose wisely.
* Allows children to sit or stand
* Lightweight, sturdy construction
* Infant car seat adapter will accept most car seats
* Covered parent organizer with cup holders
* Swing away child tray with cup holder
* 5-point child restraint safety harness
* Large storage basket
* Foot activated rear brake
* Folds compact for travel or storage
* Fully equipped with a universal car seat attachment system
* Large basket and storage pockets
* Rear-standing child height limit: 44″
* Rear bench seat has locking straps to keep seat from sliding
* Front seat: 6 months and up
* Back seat: 2.5 years and up
* Maximum weight for both seats: 45 lbs
* Folds up compactly
* Folded dimensions: 10.5″ x 21.5″ x 43″
2 thoughts on “Ergo out, Hello BOB?”
Do they have wiggling potato sacks at the stores, or do you have to supply your own?
We bring our own but you can usually find one running around somewhere close by (if not actually in the store).
I actually considered putting in a carseat and 16 pound object to represent the future member of the archshrk family. Maybe when we get a little closer to the due date.