I was invited to participate in a Meme (questions about yourself) by RaJ. The idea of this Meme is to reveal 8 random things about yourself. I figured, to make it more random, my wife should pick the 8 random things about me. Or at least make suggestions. She did pretty good.
1. I find good Sci-Fi to be one of the purest forms of art today. Sci-Fi, unlike most genres, allows the setting to be “over-the-top” and the characters to be real. Compare that to your typical action movie and the characters are over the top in a realistic setting. Consider Serenity (Firefly) vs. Die Hard.
2. I enjoy Blues over Jazz. In fact, I think it’s a crime to group them together, as if they were the same.
3. Has lived in California and Arizona. I want to live in Seattle (area) eventually. Snoqualmie is really nice this time of year.
4. I love sushi, but don?t know how to order it. If we ever meet in real life, feel free to take me to sushi and order for me – I’ll enjoy whatever you pick.
5. I think that the Nintendo Wii is the new exercise craze. Have you tried it? It can really work those muscles – especially if your a gaming addict like me.
6. I will be a father for the first time in December. This site has already started to convert to a baby-blog. Consider yourself warned.
7. Ketchup-Yes, BBQ sauce-No. Actually, I like ketchup in a limited fashion too. For example, I like it on hot dogs and hamburgers but not fries (try them with ranch dressing)
8. The computer is not just a tool, but my friend.
So I suppose I’m expected to “tag” 8 people to follow up on this with their 8 random things but I’d rather leave it open ended. So I’ll only tag a couple people.
Jody (of GodDivas)
I’ve tagged these four (ladies, all) because they are four people I’d like to see more blog posts from and I figure this would help inspire them to write more (again). There’s room for your name so if you’d like to participate, just leave a comment here with a link to your “8 random things” post. I’d love to read it.
Those who have volunteered…
Wendy who says “I don?t understand what is so good about the Princess Bride.”