So next time you send me to do your shopping, I'm going to check the list first,… | home | Corbin is now 4 and with much power comes much responsibility

December 1, 2011

Zombie Lane crops have been a sticking point for many players, especially the Super Crop which seems like a huge under-performer. But if you look at the stats we see a different picture…

per hour profit:
Strawberries = 180 coins per hour
Radishes = 80 coins per hour
Watermelon = 20 coins per hour
Corn = 25 coins per hour
Onions = 13.33 coins per hour
Bell Peppers = 22 coins per hour
Carrots = 10.83 coins per hour
Pumpkins = 8.96 coins per hour
Beans = 8.54 coins per hour
Cabbage = 7.64 coins per hour
Super crop = 35
Trees = 40 coins per hour*
*after recovering initial $600 cost (15 harvests)

Now obviously you're not going to harvest the strawberries so efficiently as to get 180 coins in one hour since you take time to harvest and replant but you can get a huge coin influx if you plant a large number all at once. Plus you can't harvest all the time so some crops are going to be idle overnight while others will still be growing while you're sleeping (or working).

So if you're looking for straight coin revenue, trees seem like the best investment since they don't wither. Strawberries are good for quick coins but require a lot of labor (radishes, too). After that, corn, bell peppers and super crops are your best investment. You just need to figure out which crop fits your schedule.

Google+: View post on Google+

Post imported by Google+Blog. Created By Daniel Treadwell.

Share on Twitter or posted to Nomanisan @ 6:37 pm

• At 6:38 pm on December 1, 2011, Aaron Wood commented:

Thanks for the 411!

• At 6:58 pm on December 1, 2011, Justina Thurston commented:

Nice list =)
    It blew my mind a bit though and this will change my gameplay- I made up a chart like this, but with that awful italicized font they have I thought that the cabbages sold for 2250 instead of 1150. I've accidentally been planting the worst gold-her-hour crop in the game, oops! XD

• At 7:03 pm on December 1, 2011, Luke Shiras commented:

+Justina Thurston When the game is in low res the numbers look all different. Feel free to double check my numbers – I could have easily made an error.

• At 7:10 pm on December 1, 2011, Justina Thurston commented:

Oh yeah, I tend to forget high-res exists after harvesting!
    All the numbers are the same as mine except for the cabbage (oops!) and the radishes, which I have at 80/hr

• At 7:12 pm on December 1, 2011, Luke Shiras commented:

+Justina Thurston Thanks, I did have that wrong.

• At 7:13 pm on December 1, 2011, Andre Krappmann commented:

are you still playing MINECRAFT?

• At 7:15 pm on December 1, 2011, Luke Shiras commented:

If you visit my neighborhood you'll find I have plenty of crops for harvesting/reviving. Since I'm just waiting for downtown, I wanted to make my place visitor friendly. Pumpkins and watermelons are for one of the achievements and cabbage is for the time delay but I think I'll swap out some stuff to make room for more super crops, etc.

• At 7:17 pm on December 1, 2011, Luke Shiras commented:

+Andre Krappmann I play Minecraft once in a while. I'm not a power user so I never play on any servers. I do have an awesome map but with the latest version the seed gives you a very different place. I'll upload the dat file for people to download.

• At 7:18 pm on December 1, 2011, Andre Krappmann commented:

sad,

• At 7:28 pm on December 1, 2011, Adam Hayek commented:

I always do the cabbage for it's optimal coins/energy cost. And I'm lazy and the quicker ones are easier for me to let wither. =)

• At 7:31 pm on December 1, 2011, Janine Razon commented:

yeah im always planting the cabbage too, just cause i dont have to check up on it as often.

• At 8:48 pm on December 1, 2011, Mike Kitchenman commented:

I totally dislike these numbers. Because they don't actually show the real benefit of cabbages.

Your limiting factor in this game is the Energy Growth.

With Cabbage, each energy nets you 550 Coins. Each Energy of Strawberries nets you 15.

Sure, 12 energy into strawberries nets you 180 coins, but 12 energy into Cabbages gets you 6600 coins. You also get 48 food, instead of 12. (17 energy into cabbages, nets you 10 more energy from a 65 food boost.)

The 3 day downtime kinda sucks? But, you also get 3 nights where you wouldn't be farming anyways, and you spend a lot less time digging things up. It also gives you time to slaughter zombies, to get the items you need for missions and crafted weapons.

• At 9:29 pm on December 1, 2011, Mike Kitchenman commented:

Further Math:
    12 Energy / Hour – Turns to roughly 190 energy a day. (14 hours of "active" time + the stash you build up overnight.)

You can get about 1500 squares of "farmed food" on the board easily. (no real decoration space, zombies clumped into small area. You could get to 2000+ squares if you squished like whoa.)

When you look at this, you can only farm 600 squares of food in 3 days on normal energy re-growth alone. So, if you get 5 Fry packs a day, that's another 300 squares.

300 Squares / day (on cabbages) = 1200 food a day. 18x 10 point Energy Packs a day.

That's another 180 squares of Cabbages, or 720 food. Another 11 Energy Packs.

Another 110 Squares of food, 440 Food. Another 6 Energy Packs.

Said and done, even if you maximize your energy output, and such, you're only going to use 600 energy a day. (Maybe 650 with a lot of friends to visit.)

You can farm 600+ cabbages a day, and make the most coin per hour, and still not end up with downtime.

If your goal is nothing but coins, it's the best way to do it.

(Just sayin')

• At 9:33 pm on December 1, 2011, Mike Kitchenman commented:

… Why do I put so much thought into a stupid little flash game?

• At 9:33 pm on December 1, 2011, Luke Shiras commented:

+Mike Kitchenman Very good points. There are other factors to consider when picking your best crops. I mostly wanted to point out the hidden value of Super Crops.

But it was cabbage that got me to 1.5 million on Hope V

• At 10:50 pm on December 1, 2011, Kimberly Chapman commented:

Good list, thanks! I'm feeling like not playing so much lately since I'm stuck on this car quest with no other quests and nobody ever clicks my begging links (even though I clicked tons for people ages ago before I got to this quest myself), so I don't know how much I feel like playing. CoW is getting dull too. I'm disappointed in the games lately.

• At 10:50 pm on December 1, 2011, Luke Shiras commented:

+Kimberly Chapman Whatcha need?

• At 10:52 pm on December 1, 2011, Kimberly Chapman commented:

Well I need all four of the car things but I seem to find enough of the wax and spare parts to at least feel like I'm making progress in those. But I only have one each of the spark plugs and jumper cables. I've blown through my entire stash of fries killing things for days and days and it just got really old, you know?

• At 10:54 pm on December 1, 2011, Adam Hayek commented:

I got some of that stuff +Kimberly Chapman. Make it pop up in my red box and I'll click it.

• At 10:56 pm on December 1, 2011, Luke Shiras commented:

I do know. I don't see any parts requests.

• 1 2