For those looking for new reading material…
Roughly two thousand years ago, Jesus was born in a dumpy, rural, hick town, not unlike those today where guys change their own oil, think pro wrestling is real, find women who chew tobacco sexy, and eat a lot of Hot Pockets with their uncle-daddy. Jesus’ mom was a poor, unwed teenage girl who was often mocked for claiming she conceived via the Holy Spirit. Most people thought she concocted the crazy story to cover the fact she was knocking boots with some guy in the backseat of a car at the prom. Jesus was adopted by a simple carpenter named Joseph and spent the first thirty years of his life in obscurity, swinging a hammer with his dad.
In Vintage Jesus, one of America’s most influential young pastors teams up with a seasoned theologian to lead you on a hilarious theological journey chasing Jesus through Scripture and pop culture. The authors provide timeless answers to twelve timely questions about the most important man who has ever lived. Each chapter concludes with answers to common questions about each subject.
* Chapter 1 Is Jesus the Only God?
* Chapter 2 How Human Was Jesus?
* Chapter 3 How Did People Know Jesus Was Coming?
* Chapter 4 Why Did Jesus Come to Earth?
* Chapter 5 Why Did Jesus’ Mom Need to Be a Virgin?
* Chapter 6 What Did Jesus Accomplish on the Cross?
* Chapter 7 Did Jesus Rise from Death?
* Chapter 8 Where Is Jesus Today?
* Chapter 9 Why Should We Worship Jesus?
* Chapter 10 What Makes Jesus Superior to Other Saviors?
* Chapter 11 What Difference Has Jesus Made in History?
* Chapter 12 What Will Jesus Do upon His Return?
These questions are answered with insights from people such as Jesus himself, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Friedrich Nietzsche, Martin Luther King Jr., Hugh Hefner, Jack Bauer, Fidel Castro, Oprah, Kanye West, Gandhi, Homer Simpson, Mike Tyson, Gil Grissom, and Madonna, along with some demons and a porn star. There have been seventeen thousand books written about Jesus, but none is like Vintage Jesus.