1. March 17th is the day that St. Patrick:
2. St. Patrick was actually Scottish, True or False?
TRUE! He was born in Scotland to a Scottish mother and an Italian father.
3. Kissing the Blarney Stone is supposed to:
c) Remove shyness
It removes shyness and suddenly gives you the “gift of gab”.
4. Where do leprechauns bury their pots of gold?
b) At the end of the rainbow
5. Why does a leprechaun wear green?
b) A form of camouflage
It was to blend in with the forest and hide better.
6. What kind of alcohol is in an Irish Coffee?
WHISKEY. Although many Americans drink their coffee with Bailey’s Irish Cream and call it an Irish Coffee, a true Irish Coffee is made with whiskey.
7. “Erin go Bragh” means this in Irish:
b) Ireland Forever
8. In 1997, this became legal in Ireland:
9. A leprechaun is really an Irish:
He is a little shoemaker with the reputation of being rich, but mean.
10. According to Irish legend, where do the fairies who kidnap babies take them?
b) In fairy mounds
They are said to put them in Fairy Mounds for up to 100 years. Farmers today will not disturb the mounds in their fields because they believe the babies’ spirits are still in them.
11. The first St. Patrick’s Day celebration in the U.S. was held in which city?
a) New York
12. The Irish are said to have brought which breakfast to America?
13. A lot of Irish surnames begin with “Mac”, which means what?
a) Son of
14. What was St. Patrick’s real name?
15. How did St. Patrick drive the snakes out of Ireland?
c) By pounding drums