Coming Down From A StatCounter High | home | What’s your theological worldview?

June 13, 2006

Google Video – Haunted Car Commercial

If you look and listen very closely, you will see what the filmmakers saw in the final editing of this car commercial; a fine, white mist that follows the car. They could not explain it except that the stunt driver had recently lost a loved one and he believed that the spirit of his departed sister was watching out for him. This is very weird. If you listen closely you can hear a very faint voice in the background as well.

This is actually a test of the Google Video feature. Since much of my traffic comes looking for Haunted Car Commercials, I thought I’d make it even easier to find them. Visit k-fee.com to find out more.

If traffic statistics on video sites are any indication, web surfers have a growing appetite for moving pictures. One of the most interesting aspects of working on Google Video is seeing all the videos that come in, on literally all sorts of topics — from the air guitar championships to how caffeine works. With so much great content, wouldn’t it be great if you could publish this content on whichever site you want?

Last week, we launched a feature on Google Video that allows you to embed Google Video content in your website. Does your site cover films? Show the trailer for Pixar’s new movie “Cars” right on your website. Explore Google Video and you’ll find a wide selection of content that can be displayed on your site.

Share on Twitter or posted to Misc-Stuff,News/Updates @ 5:57 pm

• At 6:37 pm on June 13, 2006, Wendy commented:

Thanks Luke. I think you just aged me another 30 years. When I come over to San Diego next year, you will now have to look out for a 60+ year old woman. :p

• At 7:41 pm on June 13, 2006, Starphantom commented:

I am so, so glad I didn’t have my headphones on there. GEEZ.

• At 10:38 am on June 14, 2006, Sam Shin commented:

Archshrk, I am now able to write this because my heart has begun beating again, after I did cpr on myself. Thanks from the bottom of my forever-failing heart.

• At 9:48 pm on June 14, 2006, Siobhan commented:

Not cool Luke!!

• At 7:42 pm on June 15, 2006, Carmi commented:

Damn, that’s creepy. I’ve got chills down the base of my spine.

• At 10:15 pm on June 15, 2006, Teri M. commented:

Proof that I’m losing braincells at an alarming rate? That’s twice that I’ve been had by that video.

Oy. Vey.

• At 11:29 am on June 16, 2006, archshrk pingbacked:

[…] Back by popular demand…. You’ll need a sound card to listen to the production team’s reaction. See the commercial by clicking HERE. A brief description is below. This is a VW COMMERCIAL from Germany. When they finished filming the ad, the people who made it noticed something moving along the side of the car like a ghostly white mist. […]

• At 11:03 pm on June 17, 2006, Malinda777 commented:

Dude, you scared the begeezus out of me… I’m awake now :)

• At 6:04 pm on July 17, 2006, Jody commented:

I never EVER fall for these things… but you so HAD me. I am now going to jump at every noise tonight and have nightmares. Wonderful. Thanks. ;)

• At 4:05 pm on October 16, 2006, kllanning commented:

OMG! I was at a sleepover with 32 girls that are very loud and at like 2 in the morning we watched this. We were awake for the rest of the night

• At 7:33 am on November 16, 2006, Michael commented:

AHHHH I lOVE it!!!!

• At 1:49 pm on December 10, 2006, kibby01 commented:

(-_-) ”AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!”
    v >

• At 4:11 pm on April 14, 2007, lauren commented:

ahh almost peed my pants

• At 10:42 am on May 24, 2007, ELF X X X GALLERY | archshrk pingbacked:

[…] that’s a new one. I get lots of hits from visitors looking for Grand Canyon Skywalk, Haunted Car Commercial or from the WPG2 forums but never anyone looking for ELF X X X GALLERY. I think they were a little […]

• At 6:33 am on June 25, 2007, the_euphonist commented:

I actually saw this on one of those “Best Commercials” shows. The sad thing is that I fell for it again…

• At 9:08 pm on August 21, 2007, urmamaisntcool commented:

AHHHHHH!

• At 4:42 pm on December 12, 2007, Haunted Car Commercial | archshrk pingbacked:

[…] need a sound card to listen to the production team’s reaction. See the commercial by clicking HERE. A brief description is below. This is a VW COMMERCIAL from Germany. When they finished filming the […]

• At 10:50 pm on July 9, 2008, Denise commented:

I think I lost 9 years off my life. And a pair of pants that I was wearing. >.> Thank god I had the volume down.

• At 3:17 pm on August 10, 2008, Victor commented: