Dear mister postman

March 20, 2009 3 By archshrk

I just got the letter and went to call my family to share the good news, only…none of them are home/answering the phone. So I’ll share with you guys.

Ukraine?s Floating Castle

I PASSED! I just need to send in the application and my fee and then I will be a licensed architect (in California)

You may start bowing now.

To become licensed as an architect in California, a candidate must provide verification of eight years of education and/or work experience and successfully complete both the Architect Registration Examination (ARE) and the California Supplemental Examination (CSE). A candidate must verify five years of education and/or work experience to be eligible for the ARE, and eight years for the CSE and licensure. Credit for education and training experience is granted as outlined in the current edition of the Table of Equivalents (TOE).

I do not plan on specializing in abattoirs. I think I’ll stick with Schools and Hospitals for now.

instant architect architecture le corbusier

The fee for an original license is two hundred dollars ($200). If the license is issued less than one year before the date on which it will expire, the fee is one hundred dollars ($100). All licenses…shall expire at 12 midnight on the last day of the birth month of the license holder in each odd-numbered year following the issuance or renewal of the license.

That means I will pay $100 to have my license until November 2009. My friend who took the exam the same day I did was born in May. If she submits her application today, it will cost her $100 and will probably expire before she gets it (allow 6-8 weeks). She’ll probably apply April 30 and pay the two year fee ($200)